On Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 5:36:45 PM UTC-4, g vim wrote:

> On 02/05/2015 22:25, Fluid Dynamics wrote:
> >
> > Ah, but none of them are Lisps. No macros, no DSLs, and thus much less
> > of the productivity/code-size-efficiency gains.
> >

> Elixir's macros are quite Lispy under the hood and all 3 languages can
> arguably generate sophisticated DSLs. I'm as much a fan of Lisp's
> benefits as you are but I honestly can't attribute this manpower
> discrepancy to the fact that Clojure is a Lisp. I think the community's
> overemphasis on library composition could be a bigger factor.

"Under the hood" is a delicate way of saying "not homoiconic", whereby 90%
of the benefit goes away. In any event, the three functional languages you
name also do have lower numbers for commits and contributors (three-digits)
than the really messy imperative mutability-everywhere languages
(four-digits), showing that they are "part of the way there" but not as
advanced as Clojure. :)