On Sat, Jul 18, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Bozhidar Batsov <bozhi...@batsov.com>
wrote:

> On 18 July 2015 at 14:13, Andrey Antukh <n...@niwi.nz> wrote:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I have some, maybe controversial, questions...
>>
>> A little bit of context:
>> https://twitter.com/aphyr/status/621806683908542464
>>
>> Why this is like a normal approach for managing third party contributions
>> to clojure core? This kind of things the only discourages the
>> contributions. Maybe I don't have more context about this concrete case,
>> but seems is not a unique.
>> And in general, I have the perception that the clojure development
>> process is a little bit opaque...
>>

> Many people feel this way, but ultimately Clojure is Rich's project and I
> guess Cognitect's to some extent. If they don't want to run it like other
> more open & contribution-friendly OSS projects this is obviously their
> right.

This is a line of response I don't really understand; sure, it's within
Rich's/Cognitect's rights to run the project as they please, but I don't
think any of the aggrieved parties is claiming that Rich did something he
had no *right* to do. One can still suggest that the way the project's run
(or the way these specific issues were handled) is unwise or shabby or
otherwise capable of improvement. No one has to take the suggestion, but it
might be better if they did.

--
Ben Wolfson
"Human kind has used its intelligence to vary the flavour of drinks, which