This was a great resource to me, as were the other LispCast videos.  I found
them easy to follow, and really helped me think about things from first
principles, which are really important to understand the idioms.

http://www.purelyfunctional.tv/intro-to-clojure

On Sep 10, 2015, at 9:02 AM, Elango Cheran <elango.che...@gmail.com> wrote:

> A coworker of mine asked me for suggestions yesterday after starting directly
> with Joy of Clojure as if it were an intro text for himself and getting lost
> after getting halfway through.  Even though this coworker of mine is pretty
> experienced over many years -- and has programmed in C++, Java, Python, JS,
> Jess, Scala -- I pointed him to the Clojure cheatsheet and the Clojure for
> Java Programmers youtube videos.  The reason being that he wanted to get
> comfortable and able to do something productive/practical as soon as possible.
>
> http://clojure.org/cheatsheet
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P76Vbsk_3J0
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hb3rurFxrZ8
>
> Even if you haven't read up on Clojure yet, but have a background in
> Java/C#/C++/Scala, those Clojure for Java Programmers videos ought to be
> pretty good.  There are other great intro videos by Rich Hickey on the same
> ClojureTV youtube channel.
>
> In addition, I like these tutorials if you want a slightly gentler approach
> than either the Joy of Clojure or Clojure Programming books  -- Clojure from
> the Ground Up, and Mark Volkmann's summary page on Clojure:
> https://aphyr.com/tags/Clojure-from-the-ground-up
> http://java.ociweb.com/mark/clojure/article.html
>
> And in the same vein, I just started reading the new book Living Clojure, and
> I think it would also be great for first-timers who want an easier incline
> into the language.
>
> -- Elango
>

> On Wed, Sep 9, 2015 at 12:08 PM, Mark Engelberg <mark.engelb...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Learning Clojure is not so much about learning the language's features, it's
> about learning how Clojure's particular combination of features causes you to
> think about software development in a new way.  Living Clojure is a new-ish
> book that points you at a number of small programming "code kata" challenges
> you can work on to develop the Clojure mindset.  Clojure Applied is a brand
> new book that shows you how to take that mindset and apply it to larger,
> real-world projects.

Best,
Marcus

Marcus Blankenship
Consultant, Author, Executive Coach, Calvinist
\\\ 541.805.2736 \ @justzeros \ skype:marcuscreo