Many people say that the *Joy of Clojure* is best for fine details and all
that, and there's something right about that claim.  However, *Clojure
Programming* covers some fine details that *Joy *doesn't even mention, even
in the 2nd edition (e.g. important aspects of Java interop).  I suspect
that *Clojure Programming* could work well as an introduction for an
experienced programmer, too, although I haven't tried to read it with that
in mind.  (Every book makes choices about what to include; no doubt there
are fine details that *Joy* covers better than *C.P.*)