You can watch Robert Virding's talk about creating Lisp Flavored Erlang
(LFE).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2KY12LB2w

It is really informative. It tells you a lot about Erlang and the BEAM. And
it explains why LFE is not Clojure and why Clojure would not work.

Virding really likes his Erlang as you can see from his Github profile:
https://github.com/rvirding?tab=repositories
He's ported Lisp, Lua and Prolog to the BEAM.