Or keep the stricter compiler and:

1. People who want to port to clojurescript will incur exactly the same cost as
they do now.

**2. People who don’t want to port to clojurescript and don’t want to move to
Clojure 1.9  will incur no additional cost.

3. Clojurescript maintainers will incur no additional cost.

**4. COST REMOVED: Clojure maintainers will incur NO additional cost.

5. No one writing documentation will incur any cost, as what was not mentioned
before will continue to be unmentioned.

**6. COST REMOVED: There will be NO psychic cost because there will NOT be an
undocumented inconsistency between clojure and clojurescript.

**7. COST REMOVED: If, at some point, clojure and clojurescript shared code for
the implementation of `ns`, neither of them would have to change how they
interpret the ns form

**8. BENEFIT ADDED: We benefit because an undocumented and unintended behavior
went away, and one of the most confusing and complex Clojure forms becomes more
consistent – we no longer have to explain to beginners that trip over (require
…) mysteriously working inside ns, contrary to all the documentation out there,
that “Yeah, we know (require …) works in ns, like it does outside ns, but it’s
not supposed to and you shouldn’t do that – it’s a bug in Clojure”…