jasonbrooks reported a new issue against the project: `atomic-wg` that you are
following:
``
We removed kubernetes, etcd, flannel, gluster and ceph from the atomic host for
Fedora 25:
https://pagure.io/fedora-atomic/c/219c9bb26426811a5f32188c59682ad70c3283e5?branch=f25

The idea is that these pkgs can/should be run as docker containers or system
containers. I wrote a post about running kube in containers on CentOS Atomic,
but things work the same for Fedora Atomic:
http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2016/09/running-kubernetes-in-containers-on-atomic/

However, we don't currently have fedora containers for kubernetes. There's a
year-old PR for this:
https://github.com/fedora-cloud/Fedora-Dockerfiles/pull/112. I used this PR as
the basis for kube containers for CentOS:
https://github.com/CentOS/CentOS-Dockerfiles/tree/master/kubernetes.

Another option is using package layering to install the removed rpms if
desired:
http://www.projectatomic.io/blog/2016/07/hacking-and-extending-atomic-host/.
This works, mostly, but the kube-apiserver that comes with kubernetes-master is
granted CAP_NET_BIND_SERVICE so it can use port 443, and package layering won't
support this: https://github.com/projectatomic/rpm-ostree/issues/462.

Whether we install kubernetes via package layering or containers, another issue
is that the kube we have for fedora 25 is very old, 1.2, and current is 1.4.5.
There's a kube 1.4.5 in koji for fc26
(http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=816481), and I've asked
Jan about making it available for fedora 25. I built it for f25 and el7 in this
copr: https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jasonbrooks/kubernetes/.

kubeadm (http://kubernetes.io/docs/getting-started-guides/kubeadm/) is a slick
way to run an up-to-date kube cluster, and the kubernetes project offers rpms
for kubeadm, but the kubernetes-cni package they provide doesn't work with
atomic. I made a patched package in a copr for f25 and el7
(https://copr.fedorainfracloud.org/coprs/jasonbrooks/kube-release/) and wrote
about it here:
https://jebpages.com/2016/11/01/installing-kubernetes-on-centos-atomic-host-with-kubeadm/.
 The rpm grabs the binaries from the upstream project, if fedora were to
provide this package, we'd probably want to build the binaries ourselves.
kubeadm runs kubernetes and etcd in containers, and these containers aren't
fedora-based, and they come from upstream. They appear to be based on busybox.
Also, kubeadm is considered alpha at this point.

We should:

* try to move to a more recent kubernetes version
* get kubernetes containers in place for fedora
* get fedora versions of the flannel and etcd system containers in place
* document how to install kubernetes and how to use package layering on fedora
* look further into kubeadm

``

To reply, visit the link below or just reply to this email
https://pagure.io/atomic-wg/issue/176