From: cmake-developers [mailto:cmake-developers-boun...@cmake.org] On Behalf Of
Stephen Kelly
Sent: Tuesday, September 22, 2015 4:53 PM
To: cmake-developers@cmake.org
Subject: Re: [cmake-developers] Generator expressions for install destination

Robert Goulet wrote:

> Ok then perhaps the refactoring can wait but we'd still like to get
> install(FILES) destination genex support in 3.4 if possible, and genex
> evaluation requires the cmMakefile. How should we proceed then?

cmLocalGenerator has a GetMakefile method (currently). Don't you just need to
use

 this->LocalGenerator->GetMakefile()

in cmInstallFilesGenerator?

Whether Brad would still accept a patch like that for 3.4 I don't know, but I
think it should be a relatively simple implementation? However, there may need
to be more tests for the new functionality and error cases etc.

Thanks,

Steve.