Robert Goulet wrote:

> Yeah I guess it could look something like this (attachment).

Yes, something like that (modulo the long line).

> However I
> just realized that if I don't also get install(DIRECTORY) in 3.4 then this
> is not worth rushing it, since as you mention I would also need to write
> proper test cases.
>
> Just let me know when I can start looking at this again (after your
> refactoring is done) and I'll try to do the proper work to make it work
> with all install types destinations (files, directory and export).

My refactoring won't affect the files and directory much, so you can proceed
similar to that patch without conflicting. An appropriate branch like that
could be committed before my refactoring, depending on when it is ready.

My refactoring will only remove the `->GetMakefile()` part from affected
lines, but it will take a while to get to the point where that can actually
be done, so you don't need to wait for it.

Thanks,

Steve.