On 18.02.2011 20:48, David Cole wrote:

There are many pros for this idea, but a very important con: People will
use it as a general purpose programming language (see what often happens
to SCons projects). Even CMake has this problem to a lesser extent (IMHO
mainly because it's a PITA to program ;-)). But I think some people at
Kitware are/were experimenting with Python bindings...

Really?!?   I'm actually *generating* CMakeLists.txt files with python
in an effort to work around the entire cmake language and integrate
better with things that need to know about the build, but aren't the
build system proper.

No, not really. (At least not to the best of my knowledge...)

There was an experiment a few years ago using Lua, but it was shelved
and has not been revisited.

Experiment with Lua is here:
  http://www.assembla.com/wiki/show/CMakeLua

and an experiment with Qt's JavaScript with the advantage of having a debugger
with a GUI:
   http://sourceforge.net/projects/cmakescript/

Peter