Hi Norm, I like your email so much. It is very encouraging. Livia

--- On Mon, 10/6/08, Norm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Norm <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: [CMLHope] Re: Tasigna
To: "CMLHope" <CMLHope@googlegroups.com>
Date: Monday, October 6, 2008, 3:34 PM

Hello to all,
I am a phase 1 participant in the AMN107 or as it is now called
Tasigna trial,.
I was in blast when I started the trial and wasnt feeling all that
well at the time.
Gleevec wasnt working for me anymore and I went off of it before
starting the trial.
Now I was one sick puppy sorta barkin at the pearly gates but in a
couple of months I will be
starting my 5th year on Tasigna.
I was on it for about a month and my numbers hit bottom, whit was real
low. platelets were real low, and red cells were real low. I had to go
off for about a month and neede transusions in the interim both
platelets and red cells.; After about a month the blasts got higher
and the Doc put me back on the Tasigna.
I will tell you that I am very fortunate in that I had a tremendous
amount of people praying for me and those prayers along with the
Tasigna and the great care at MDACC my counts started getting back to
normal. Since then, I have been fine. I have had a few out of range
results on some of the other tests for amylase and lipase but they
returned to normal immediately.
Some people in the study didnt tolerater the drug as well as I did and
switched to Sprycell, some had other issues,
The long and short of it is CML is still a nasty disease but with each
new treatment they are one step closer to a cure.
I have had kidney cancer and lost one of my kidneys, I have CML, I
have wet macular degeneration and have lost a great deal of vision in
one eye and am taking the shots in the other to try to stop the
progression but you know what; I AM HAPPY TO BE ALIVE!
Live with hope.
Norm

On Oct 4, 10:09 am, "C.M. Houtz" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Nancy....My Onc. is from this area which is about 40 miles north of
Allentown.  His main office is in Hazelton, PA.  He's been my doctor since
I had my breast removed about 15 years ago.  I do trust him and he is on top of
things all of the time.  I feel very fortunate that my doctors keep in touch
about my progress in all areas.  Dr. Gandhi is from India, but speaks perfect
English, so imagine that he came to this country very young.  He's really
the best I could hope for.

> He is going to do the PCR test soon, but I was off of the Tasigna for a
while and then only put back on 400 mg. for over a month.  I'm now back up
to 800, so he wanted to wait until I was on it for 3 months before he tests me.

> I'm in touch with Jeanie quite often and pray that she responds to
Tasigna and will be alright.  She really is a fighter.....as are we all.  I
feel lucky to be here and hope to continue.