From: Joan <lilak...@gmail.com>
To: cmlhope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Mon, Jan 26, 2015 5:01 pm
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] My Update anyone had relapse after 5 years on tkis?

Greenie,
I had to quit Gleevec because it was messing with my kidneys. Now I take
Tasinga.
Joan

On Saturday, January 24, 2015 at 9:56:22 AM UTC-6, greenie wrote:

Hi to my friends in our group,  well I've been on Gleevec for 15 years and 14
days all of a sudden for the last 4 days I'm having nausea problems.  I'm
taking some promethazine that helps some what but it's not a fun thing.  I have
no idea what started it either.  I had this problem before when we lived in
Springfield, MO. I got over heated and got hit with nausea every day for a
little more then 2 years then I awoke one morning and it was like someone
turned off the switch and it was gone.  This time of the year it's not hot here
so I know that's not what caused this problem.

I'm going to take a Gleevec break for a week or two to clean out my system and
hope that I get back to normal.  I did this before about 6 years ago when I had
a sinus infection and the doctor back in Indiana put me on and anabolic that
interfered with my Gleevec so we stopped Gleevec for 26 days.  After getting
blood work some cancer cells did show back up in my blood work but after
stating Gleevec again the next test showed that I was clean again.

My doctor at that time was doctor Tallman and he gave me a call and said "well
if it worked before it will work again" and that was that.  So I have my
fingers crossed to see what happens.  I can't stand this nausea problem, my
heart goes out to the women that have babies and have to put up with nausea.  I
just hope it's the Gleevec again and not something else.  My blood counts are
O. K. so I'm not worried about that.  This does not help my anxiety problems

Will keep you all up to date as how things go.

greenie