From: 'educatorsusan' via CMLHope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
To: cmlhope <cmlhope@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Wed, Feb 25, 2015 7:56 am
Subject: Re: [CMLHope] Doctor's Visit

Richard and Greenie:

I have been on 250mg of Gleevec now since 2008 or so.
I'd have to look up the correct date.  But in order to be on this dosage I am
being closely monitored by Dr. Druker with PK and PCR tests every three months.
I still have side effects with this dosage.  I just had one huge major eyebleed.
This has been followed by many leg cramps...bet it's related somehow because I
had a spell of no cramping and this eyebleed appeared.

Even at 250, my nano
liter measurement was 1325.  This is high for 250 mg of Gleevec.  I just
metabolize Gleevec differently than anyone else.  Dr. Druker will only keep me
on Gleevec because of my side effects.   Only named two because they are the
pertinent ones...but have tinnitus, blurring of vision, and a multitude of
others.  I take 2250 of Citrical PLUS daily in split dosages to counteract the
cramping...lowered from 3000 something because I was on 400-600 mg of Gleevec
from 2003-2008.  I was written up in Blood magazine by Dr. Druker to show that
all medications need to be tailored to each individual patient...no two patients
are alike...think this was in 2009-2010.  He told me that because of me, we were
making history back then...of course he could not use my name but told me when I
read the article, I would definitely know which patient I was!

Good luck on
your continued journeys.

Hugs,
Susan Rosenthal
Miami, Florida

A support group of
http://cmlhope.com
For more options, visit this group at
http://groups.google.com/group/CMLHope
---
You received this message because
you are subscribed to the Google Groups "CMLHope" group.
To unsubscribe from
this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to
cmlhope+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
For more options, visit
https://groups.google.com/d/optout.