I am still alive and kicking but one of my kickers is giving me fits. I
think it is plantar fasciitis.

I haven't posted in awhile and miss Millie may she rest in peace.
Jeanie is my cruise mentor and my wife and I along with a few other friends
just got back a couple of weeks ago from a 7 day cruise to Jamaica, Cayman,
and Cozumel.

We were busy with one of my cousin staying here quite often  while he was
being treated for stage 4 Melanoma, he passed and is walking with Jesus
now. Way too young and such a very good person.

My beloved dachshund, Hans, turned 12  yesterday. About a month ago we were
given the devastating news that he has lymphoma. I never knew it would be
so difficult to have to deal with the knowledge that one day, much sooner
than expected, I would have to ease his way to a comfortable ending.
I dread this as he was my buddy and comfort while I was recovering from my
relapse of CML.
He is being spoiled even more than ever now and will be until that time
comes. Millie would understand.

April 1st will mark 13 years since my diagnosis and the start of Gleevec.
As some know, I relapsed and Gleevec no longer worked.
I was fortunate enough to get in the clinical trial for AMN107 during the
phase 1 study.
As you can tell, it worked but not before I entered blast and was one very
sick puppy. I believe that one night the angel of death came for me and for
some reason let me stay.
All I know is Dr Kantarjian tells me to thank God and I do.

My son has finished his tour of duty with the USMC and has been discharged
as a Sargent with the Achievement medal. We are extremely proud of our son,
and our daughter who is still teaching photography to high schoolers.

I have been training my replacements at work so I can eventually retire. I
am ready but they are not.....lol..

My macular degeneration is stable and I have not had any shots in my eye
for almost  6 months. Still legally blind and that will not change during
my lifetime I suppose.

I have been playing a lot of golf with my younger brother and we are having
a great time together. He is a good brother that will come and pick me up
and take me golfing even if it means spending the whole day with me. Life
is good.

This past December marked 11 years that I have been on Tasigna. I have
never been undetectable but it is generally only a few cells in 10 thousand.

I will try to check in more often but life has been keeping me so busy.

Blessings to all
Norm