> > Are there any other issues to keep in mind when doing
> > multi-language sites?
>
> There are loads of issues with multilingual sites.

In addition to the predominantly technical issues Robert mentions, there are
also business issues. Do you primarily author in one language and translate
to the others, or can you author in any supported language. What is the
relationship between original and translated content? Can translated content
be changed? If so, what happens when the "translated" version of a piece of
content is changed? Is that change mirrored back into the original and other
translations? What about the workflows - are they the same in each language?
Can the translated versions be published before the original? At the same
time? What happens when content expires - do all language versions expire?
All these questions and more... if I may paraphrase Winston Churchill,
multilanguage support is a hand grenade, wrapped in a landmine, inside an
A-bomb.

--
Stewart Manley
Mediasurface