I'm not getting the results I'd expect when STACK is the first in a pipeline.
What I thought would happen is the entire STACK is read into the stream and
then proceed onto the next stage.  This is not happening.  Here is my code:
'PIPE stack' ,
   '| take 1' ,
   '| spec 33.8 1' ,
   '| var EXPDT'

I will have at least three lines in the stack.  These three lines are created
by another command that uses the " STACK FIFO" (w/o the quotes).
What appears to happen, with my code, is only one line is taken from the stack.
 Then the usual happens when there are more lines in the stack.  When the PIPE
ends, CMS fusses about invalid commands because the remaining stack items are
seen as commands by CMS.
I get around this by issuing another PIPE STACK command, see below:
'PIPE stack' ,
  '| hole'

The HELP PIPE for STACK states that it is the intent to empty the stack.
Implying to me that there might be residual lines in the stack.  I've used the
STACK stage in other programs and have not had this problem.  However, those
programs, usually took the stack, and processed everything in it.

Could someone clarify?
Thanks,
Steve