Functioning as designed. 8-)
Thanks,
Rob

-----Original Message-----
From: CMSTSO Pipelines Discussion List [mailto:CMS-PIPELINES@VM.MARIST.EDU] On
Behalf Of Rob van der Heij
Sent: Friday, June 24, 2016 10:29 AM
To: CMS-PIPELINES@VM.MARIST.EDU
Subject: Re: the STACK stage

> I'm not getting the results I'd expect when STACK is the first in a pipeline.

The "stack" stage will read all from the stack when you let it. When your
pipeline decides to read only 1 line from the stack, the rest remains there for
next time.

The remainder of the pipeline propagates end-of-file backward, so tells the
stages earlier in the pipeline to give up when they can.

Along the same lines, when you use just the first 10 records of a file, CMS
Pipelines will not read the entire file but will stop after the first bit.

Indeed, "PIPE stack | hole"  will consume all records from the stack. At that
point "stack" will report end-of-file and "hole" will terminate as well.

Rob