- Yeah, I named my converged profile "PROFPRGS XEDIT", and "PARSE SOURCE
srcline" followed by "QUEUE 'EMSG 'srcline" then calling FILELIST only gives:
"CMS COMMAND PROFPRGS XEDIT * PROFPRGS XEDIT"

- I only get the same string even if I set up a user synonym for FILELIST and
use that synonym.

- The CMS Command reference didn't say I could set a synonym for an XEDIT file,
and indeed I received error "DMSXIN002E File PROFPK01 XEDIT * not found" with
RC=28.  (where "USER SYNONYM" had "PROFPK01 PROFPRGS", and I did "DEFAULTS SET
PEEK PROFILE PROFPK01".)

Looking into Bruce Hayden's suggestion of DMSCALLR CSL routine was spot on!
New and much better solution:
"
/* Who called me? */
Farback = 4
CALL CSL 'DMSCALLR' Retcode1 CallerN Farback
'PIPE VAR CallerN | SPECS W2 1 | VAR CallerN'
"
When command FILEL then CallerN = FILELIST

--Shawn S.