Well, someone else put some work into the interior then, as I see there are
lots of extra storage spaces, and the pilot berths were modified somewhat.
The Electrical was updated, breakers installed and moved from the top of the
stairs to the front of the chart table. The cushions and primary winches are
somewhere on the top of the repair list, but as Rick sez, you can buy an
upgrade kit from that fellow in San Francisco for 600 something each.   Also
the surface of the icebox – but I can cut your learning curve there, as I
think I have an AutoCAD file of that, I made mine of Corian, ¼”, glued to ¾
on the edges.  I wanted ¼” to save weight, but . . . .  A little advice to
anyone doing this – buy ¾” Corian, if they make it that thick, and use a
router to mill out the areas not on the edges. Gluing all that up was a
pain, fortunately my neighbor does that and helped me, but when it was done,
I looked at it and said “why didn’t I just mill those pockets out of thicker
material!?!?”I had a local fellow waterjet the lid out so I could still use
the cutout, and the lid worked great.  The insulation wasn’t all that bad, I
am sure they do them better in today’s builds, but it had two 1” layers of
foam and a vapor barrier. After the top was replaced and sealed around the
edges, which had come apart, it holds cold MUCH longer.

Bill Coleman

C&C 39 animated_favicon1