From: Sébastien Lemieux <s.lemi...@umontreal.ca>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Border Crossing From US to Canada

Just adding to this.  I have a Nexus card and when we move the boat from US to
Canada every year through the Richelieu river.  Every time, I've tried calling
in advance and it resulted in the same scenario: answering a bunch of questions
over phone, they would give me some sort of authorization number.  Then I would
still be stopped at the border.  Boat inspection + paperwork when entering the
US in the spring and quick interview from the deck of the boat when coming back
to Canada in the fall.

The Nexus card mostly helps when crossing the border by car.

Sébastien Lemieux
Merlot X - C&C 30 mk2 1987
Mooney Bay - Lake Champlain