Quantum is the local loft where I live.  I checked with a discount place
and they beat quantum by almost $2k.  Well I went back to quantum with the
competition's spec sheet and had them counter.  They identified quite a few
places to cut corners and were able to come within $200-$300.  A large
majority of the discount sail makers are fronts for China Sail loft.  If
you are truly looking for the cheapest discount option or are in a place
where a local loft is not available then I'm sure they will provide a very
reasonable sail at a low price.  If I was cruising in foreign waters and
absolutely needed a sail, China Sail loft is where I would go.  That being
said, the attention to detail, the personal service, the custom
measurements, the custom design and customization, test fit, and long term
support all make the price difference completely negligible.

A Ford is a fine car (especially in a pinch) but if you want a little more
for your money then go for the Toyota.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk

--