I don't believe there is a 33 in eastern North Carolina, but your
description of the boat sounds very much like a 79-80 C&C 30 which is for
sale in my area and which I am familiar with. Old sails, old cushions, basic
set of old instruments, no roller furling, basically clean interior and the
topsides could use a good polish and wax. This one has a diesel - Beta I
think - instead of an A4.

Owner paid between $5500 and $6000 for the boat about two years ago, but his
wife doesn't like sailing or "camping" on the boat. So he's selling the boat
to buy a fishing boat and spend time with his son. He's asking $9k for the
boat and hopes to get something close to $8.

I guess I'm painfully aware that the market for old boats sucks. In the past
year I've had a friend who sold his very nice late 70s Catalina 37 for $15k,
and a live aboard I know who sold her nice 84 Catalina 36 for $18k. I have a
friend who is looking at an average condition  Hunter 27 in Oriental, NC.
Yachtworld has several in the mid-Atlantic starting around $8900. The seller
of this boat is down to $5900 OBO. Asking prices on Yachtworld don't seem to
have much relationship to real world selling prices.

I myself have what I think is a very nice 75 C&C 25. The hull's in good
shape. The bottom is fresh. The mast and standing rigging were replaced a
couple of years ago. All Garhauer hardware including a rigid vang, line
adjustable genoa cars, and backstay tensioner. Upgraded 2 speed winches. 2
new loose-foot 4-batten mains (one is a carbon racing main, the other Dacron
for cruising), a Kevlar 155 for racing, a Dacron 155 for cruising, a Dacron
lapper, a 65% storm jib, two spins. Heavy and light sheets for every sail.
Replaced cushions, upholstery and curtains. Electric head. Custom cabinets
and drawers. A boom tent. A folding teak boarding ladder. I even have a
cradle for the boat which hasn't been used in years. The only weak point on
the boat is the 6 horse long shaft 2-stroke outboard. I hate to think what
I've spent on Belle over the 19 years I've owned her, but I know I have over
$8k in sails and running rigging.

But in this market I'll be happy to get $5500 for the boat. I'm just hoping
to find a buyer who will love her and look after her as I have.

Like I said, the market for older, used boats just sucks.

Rick Brass

Imzadi -1976 C&C 38 mk1

la Belle Aurore -1975 C&C 25 mk1

Washington, NC