I just installed a jabsco compact lock twist head and the original studs
did not line up. I used stainless steel snaptoggles. There is marine ply
under that fibreglass but not everywhere, I can't remember the exact
details now. The snaptoggles were the perfect solution, they hold very well
and you don't need access behind the anchor. Check it out.

Steve
C&C 32
Toronto