From: David Risch [mailto:davidrisc...@msn.com]
Sent: May-13-13 10:47 AM
To: Don Jonsson ; cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Overheating due to plugged knuckle

Don,

Ever blow an impeller in years past?
                                                      David F. Risch
(401) 419-4650 cell

-----Original Message-----
From: Don Jonsson <dbjons...@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 17:44:51
To: <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: Stus-List Overheating due to plugged knuckle

Hello all

I have an elderly Yanmar 3GMD engine that is raw water cooled.  It has
plugged twice in the last two years where the water goes through a knuckle
into the mixing elbow.  The first time (summer before last) was some solid
bit that had gotten stuck - how it got there I don't know.  The last time
(last week) was due to a tar like substance gumming up the knuckle.  Easy to
clear and I was on my way, but is this a harbinger of something more
serious.

I took the mixing elbow off a few years back and cleaned it, guess it is
time to do that again.

Is the plugging coming from the exhaust and working its way into the knuckle
- for example unburned diesel?

Thanks for any insight.

Don