As always Terry your convoluted advise is a BIG help.  NOT!!!!!

Fast Freddie

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Terry
Sent: Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:05 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Overheating due to plugged knuckle

Fred, the older Yanmars have a reciprocating dingle valve to control the
exhaust temperature in the fluval chamber. As you have already noticed, once
the engine warms up, the dingle valve opens and lets the hot engine exhaust
pass through the fluval chamber removing any excess unburned fuel. The newer
engines have replaced the dingle valve with a resonating bundle arm so they
don’t smoke even when just started.

Hope this helps...T