Hi,
Looks like this is the weak point for the AX-series ( old red Bombard, if this
is what you have ). They are made of PVC-Strongan .
Mine has same problem, I took it to a repair shop last week :
350.00  to reglue a good part of the transom, fix 2 holes, re-glue one of the
"cups" that hold the surrounding rope ( hand-hold )
650.00 same repairs but he replaces the transom ( inspect yours, often they are
rotten in the lower corners/joints because of water intrusion ), new transom
would be made of Russian plywood, supposedly the best.

I am thinking about buying a cheap new one ( most are made in China ) but after
seing several in like-new condition in his shop that all need to be re-glued I
am not sure what to do.. Still thinking.
If you want to repair it youeself, here is what you need:
https://www.blyacht.com/inflatable/entretien-reparation/glue-for-pvc-strongan-zodiac-in-25cc-tube.html
Before you have to clean it well with MEK ( NOT acetone ).

I also learned from the shop manager that THE best product to protect
everything vinyl/rubber/plastic is 303 ( aerospace protector ), he showed me a
25 years-old inflatable which is treated with this product and it still looks
like new ( and much easier to apply than StarBrite and other products ).

Sylvain
C&C27MkIII