I would endorse the Porta-Bote as well. I have two live aboard/ cruising
friends who have them and swear by them. One of them has taken his
Porta-Bote around the world twice, plus several seasons in the Bahamas and
Caribbean.

>From experience, it takes about 15 minutes to assemble/ disassemble the boat
on the foredeck, and he always folds and stores the boat when in transit. He
made lee cloths for the cockpit that have pockets to hold the boat on one
side of the cockpit, and the parts (transom, seats) on the other. I'm told
that Porta-Botes are also less likely to be stolen than an inflatable or
conventional dinghy - probably a result of the unconventional appearance of
the boat.

Rick Brass

Washington, NC