From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Mike Brannon
Sent: Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:05 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Newbie problems with an older autopilot

Ron,  when I was cleaning out some stuff a couple of weeks ago I found the
original AUTOHELM 4000 and drive unit that came with my boat. It still worked
when I removed it from the boat.  I wanted to upgrade.   If you are interested
let me know off line (mbranno...@cox.net).

Mike
Virginia Lee
C&C 36 CB
VIRGINIA BEACH, VA
mbranno...@cox.net

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 28, 2013, at 11:14, Ron Kaye <ronkaye...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We are approaching our 1 year anniversary with our 35-3.  We have finally got
> her back in the water after a new bottom job with soda blasting and base coat
> etc, and then replacing essential fluids, fixing running lights and a new
> head etc. and have been learning her ways and starting to enjoy her company
> very muchl.  Last weekend we sailed from our home port in the Rhode R. to St.
> Michaels for a two-day trip which was great - with one notable exception and
> even broke 6 knots under sail a time or two in moderate wind.  On the return
> trip the Raymarine Autohelm 4000 (PO- used this for years) decided to freak
> out and wanted to turn the boat in hard circles to starboard.  We couldn't
> get it to snap out of it - pushed the Standby and Auto buttons repeatedly,
> held them in for longer periods, turned the unit off and back on, unplugged
> it - essentially everything short of "percussive maintenance" - which might
> actually have been a good idea.  I cant find anything in the user manua!
 l that covers this issue unless some internal mode got somehow switched.

This List is provided by the C&C Photo Album http://www.cncphotoalbum.com