From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Ken
Heaton
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 5:44 PM
To: cnc-list
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C smile - wet keel bolts

It seems to me that Mike even documented the install of one of these
garboard drains online.  I know I've run across it before.

Ken H.

On 4 September 2013 14:46, Hoyt, Mike <mike.h...@impgroup.com> wrote:

        Good idea Bill except that the boat will sink ....

        Seriously though - I have put garbord drain in my last two
boats.  Very difficult to put at absolute lowest part of bilge but it
does ensure there is never a serious water buildup over the off season.
Water collecting in a boat on the hard does nasty things

        Actually I install mine from the inside and completely fair over
the outside.  There is no bulge or any trace of the garbord drain and it
has zero effect on flow over the keel this way.  Previous boat I did
from the outside and there was a slight bulge.

        Mike