---------------------

There is no cure for birth and death save to enjoy the interval.
  - George Santayana

On 12/09/2013 10:36 AM, djhaug...@juno.com wrote:
How about a delivery captain sailing it back for you, or better yet, with you?
You'd get a crash course and probably some really valuable experience under the
tutelage of a seasoned salty dawg...  Maybe that same someone could survey the
boat as well?  Just a thought...

We happen to have just such a character on this list somewhere!

Danny

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Dr. Mark Bodnar" <drbod...@accesswave.ca>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List New Boat
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 01:43:56 -0300

Does anyone know the total height of a C&C29 mk2?
I just guessed at 11 ft for the purpose of getting bids - I figure
pretty close - 5'3" draft and 6 ft interior headroom (starting ~12"
below water level) then extra for bow and stern pulpit.

As for the shipping comments - I need to sort out the best solution.
Sailing it back would be fun - but maybe not functional for my time
frame.  I agree, if the boat is not in shape it's better to walk away -
but I'm nervous about doing my first open water transit in a new (to me)
boat.
I'm looking at the prices - and I'll have to think hard about the
challenges of towing ourselves.  The truck is brand new with a towing
package.  The trailer is a heavy duty trailer, used to carry
mini-excavators.  I figure we'll total about 9000lbs.

BTW - I've gotten a comment about the mast step being an expensive
repair - is this a common problem with the 29's?

Mark

    Dr. Mark Bodnar
B.Sc., D.C., FCCOPR(C)
Bedford Chiropractic