Could be the button, but more likely it's a bad solenoid. Happened on my old
34, the Enterprise-A.

All the best,

Edd

-------------------------------
Edd M. Schillay
Starship Enterprise
NCC-1701-B
C&C 37+ | City Island, NY
www.StarshipSailing.com
-------------------------------
914.332.4400  | Office
914.332.1671  | Fax
914.774.9767  | Mobile
-------------------------------
Sent via iPhone 5

On Sep 20, 2013, at 11:52 AM, "Indigo" <ind...@thethomsons.us> wrote:

Recently Indigo has developed what is currently annoying problem, but could
become more serious.  After turning the key (and getting the low oil-pressure
buzzer), when I press the starter button, absolutely nothing happens.  I press
it again, and it usually starts right up. Occasionally more pushes on the
button are required.  Is the remedy going to be simply replacing the
push-button ignition switch or am I likely facing something more to fix?

Indigo – 36MKIII
Southport CT