My 2 cents. I think our boats benefit by the C&C brand name carrying on.
I would support the new builder and look forward to seeing a new design as long
as they build a quality product.

Rob Ball was lead designer for most of our boats, (anything after 1973) and his
vision changed a lot over time until the mid 90's. And remember the C&C design
group produced the Mega and the SR series?

I won't be surprised if the newer C&Cs will loose the beautiful destroyer bow
and subtle sheer they were know for. I love that look but people pay slip fees
by boat length and want volume and instead any new designs will have plumb bows
and straight sheer and be lighter and faster, with carbon fiber masts, carbon
sprits, fiber rigging and hopefully a wonderful livable interior layout. The
best thing they could do is build more 34/36s and 37/40s. If you redraw the bow
so it is plumb the waterline grows about 3 feet, adding a lot of speed, just
saying. Then you square the transom and add a hinged door to work as a swim
platform and dinghy garage. All halyards led cleverly to cockpit coaming
clutches/winches w electric option. (Neat stuff at the boatshow) I can't afford
a new boat, so I just hope they sell a bunch, so they can keep the C&C brand
name alive.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R