It's raked about an inch forward... It's a recent change I made in an attempt
to reduce the weather helm...

Cheers,Aaron R.Admiral Maggie,1979 C&C 30 MK1 #540Annapolis, MD

From: dwight...@gmail.com
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 19:55:41 -0400
Subject: Re: Stus-List 30 MKI weather helm

I don’t think you should have to reef
that soon…what is the rake on your mast

From: CnC-List
[mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On
Behalf Of Aaron Rouhi

Sent: November 26, 2013 7:31 PM

To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

Subject: Re: Stus-List 30 MKI
weather helm

MK1 is stiff for sure but I just
wish I had less weather helm. I generally reef in anything above 10
knots...

Cheers,

Aaron R.

Admiral Maggie,

1979 C&C 30 MK1 #540

Annapolis, MD

Date: Tue, 26 Nov 2013 18:46:07 -0400

From: dwight...@gmail.com

To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com

The 30 MKI is just a much stiffer boat than the 30
MKII; see here: http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/technical/stability.htm

I believe that makes a huge
difference in how these 2 very different C&C 30 designs perform going to
weather, I believe this definitely has an effect on heel angle and propensity
to round up...I would expect the 30 MKII to outperform the 30 MKI in light air
but in heavier air I would expect the MKI to outperform the MKII, even given
that in most areas the MKII has a higher rated speed potential and I believ
that is due to the relative stiffnesses of the boats...here on St. Margaret's
Bay where we have mostly fresher afternoon breezes the MKI rules

Dwight Veinot

Alianna

C&C 35 MKII

Head of St. Margaret's Bay, NS

On Tue, Nov 26, 2013 at 5:11 PM,
Bill Coleman <colt...@verizon.net>
wrote:

Around
the late 70’s and early eighties the 20’s and 39’s were all getting new, deeper
rudders.  The swept back keels didn’t / don’t help.

Bill
Coleman

C&C
39