I seem to be in the slot Curtis describes.  I've never reefed under 20kt.
Ron
Wild Cheri

On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 8:09 AM, Curtis <cpt.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

yea i'm with Ddwight on this one,
My C&C30 mk1 # 675 loves 11 thru17 knots.
I dont start thinking of a reef till i'm over 17 knots. I usley drop
down to the working 115% first. If needed I will put the 1st Reef in
around 18-22 knots.
I have hade some uncontroled steering falling off the wind when
tacking. that was my fault. not the boat.

1981 C&C 30 MK1 #675

Beaufort, Sc.