Well, I didn't realise it was so easy to upload videos to YouTube, but now
that Google owns the world, life is simpler.
So, here it is
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpz1hAODZAY&feature=youtu.be
Hope I don't get sued by Moby.

Like I said, mostly in the dark! The crane was busy that nite.

Up until a couple years ago I used a webbing strap and slipped itself
through a hole in one end of the webbing so it choked it under tension, but
it can be tough to adjust and move around, so lately I have just been
putting the lifting shackle through both ends and leaving it loose, then in
the spring it drops down easily.
Lots of other people tie a loose bowline around the mast, move that to where
they think they want it and cleat the other end off so it can't slide up.
That seems to work as well.

Bill Coleman
C&C 39

> On Jan 8, 2014, at 12:00, David Folsom <dfolsom...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi fellow C&C owners.
> I am getting ready to replace some rigging on my boat and the first step
will be un-stepping the mast. Since I am in San Diego, we don't pull the
boat for the winter, and I have no experience with un-stepping the mast. I
have a C&C 36.

> I have access to a launching crane at San Diego Yacht Club, which is about
35 feet above the water at low tide.