Hi,
   If it is like the new MkIV it should ride on the wire ( about 5/16 from the
swage end ).

Looking at your pictures looks like it is a pretty old model, maybe a new MkIV
would be a good thing ( especially at the 1,200 price).
The new MkIV is essentially a do-it yourself kit, including everything (
shackles, pre-feeder, 3M 5200, syringe , 55 feet line etc ).
On my 27 MkIII I used a 7/16 toggle and will install a restrainer this year (
need a shim to sit well on the mast ).

I also replaced my forestay ( 7/16 ), following Harken recommendation.

Depending of which sails you currently have, le luff tape must be number 6 (
5mm ) , 6mm can fit with a lot of lubrikote :-)

Harken installation manual is top notch( plan to read it 2-3 times ).

A nice unit but expect ti use some "power" to furl a new sail completely ( so
only the sacrificial sunbrella is exposed to the sun). That may be because I
have 7oz FlexP genoa, quite stiff sail.

Sylvain
C&C27 MkIII