Thank you to all who responded to my question. You've made this project sound
not so bad after all, and after more investigation, it doesn't look like
anything to big to tackle. She belonged to our son who is planning on upsizing
soon and gave dear old dad a gift, so no survey, she was given to me, although
she'll need one before insured. If anyone knows a good surveyor in MS please
share their contact info. There is a bushing on the under side, looks worn
needs replacing, a neighbor has a machine shop nearby, I've seen him turn
plastic in the past. It also has the grease cup that I'll replace with a zirk
and hose, thanks for that idea, the pics were very helpful in explaining that.
The steering quadrant doesn't look too intimidating for me to r & r. I think
the rust is coming from the stainless stock, who knows how long it's been since
last given any tlc.
I'm sure there is more I'll need to ask of you all in the near future.
I haven't figured out how to post pics here yet!
Sunday evening, kickoff time, your first beer is on me, tell the bar keep he'll
understand.

Jason Shoemake
'78 C&C 29 MK1
South Mississippi