From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Andrew Burton
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2014 9:57 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List insuring a 38 landfall

I am insuring through Gowrie Barden and Brett in CT. They have me at around
$700.
Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 9:53 AM, <dre...@gmail.com<mailto:dre...@gmail.com>>
wrote:
Hi

I currently use Progressive for insuring my C&C 29.  I called them to insure
the 38 Landfall and I was informed that they do not insure sailboat over 35' in
length.   They did how ever added the 38LF on to my policy for the remainder of
the policy year (Aug) , but informed me that the policy will not be renewable.

I have been looking for other insurance companies, and so far I have received
only one quote as most companies are not interested.   The quote came from
BoatUS, but I was shocked that the quote is 4 times more than what I am
currently paying at Progressive.    Does $2,600/yr seem reasonable?    What
insurance companies are others using?

Thanks for any insight.

Paul

-