Bill,

Mine was smoking a bit last season too but I attributed it to an
incorrectly adjusted Max-prop.  My hypothesis may have mislead me to not
recognize a low power condition.

Anybody ever use any of the snake oil products that are supposed to free
stuck rings?  "Rislone Compression Restore and Ring Seal" is just one of
many I came across.  The ones you pour in the cylinder seem more legit than
the ones you add to the oil.

Josh