Agree. Cleaned my 36 footer's bottom using the orbital sander w vacuum and it
is a huge job. I was in between job opportunities so low on cash w a lot of
free time so I did the Interprotect barrier coat too. Did the last bits using
wet sandpaper and had a hose clamped on a ladder lightly spraying the hull to
wash it away. Nice method for me, but EPA doesn't approve. Swore I'd have it
soda blasted next time.

Last year I changed my bottom paint from VC-Offshore to Micron 66 and priced
sodablasting; $1650. Couldn't justify that, so I wetsanded my hull using a
doodle bug and 3M scuff pads and wetsandpaper. Didn't take all the paint off,
just scuffed it for a good mechanical bond.

Bottom maintenance trick: When I haul the boat, I follow the guy with the
pressure washer and doodle bug the whole bottom while it is hanging in the
slings. He takes about 20 minutes and I take maybe 40, so the guys go to break
or lunch while I finish scrubbing and rinse. All the water and bottom paint
falls into their paint containment system and gets filtered, meeting EPA regs.
The boat looks ready to launch all winter.

Chuck
Resolute
1990 C&C 34R
Atlantic City, NJ