Thanks Rick and Marek,
I¹ll know more tomorrow when I play with it.
Ed

From: Rick Taillieu <rtaill...@eastlink.ca>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2014 16:00:07 -0300
Subject: Re: Stus-List C&C 24 rudder question
Ed,

If the 24¹s rudder is made like the 25¹s, it will be 2 fibreglass halves
with plywood bonded in from the top to about 2² below the bottom gudgeon.
>From there on to the bottom it¹s hollow and is meant to fill up with water.
There should be two holes that go into the hollow part, one where the front
edge turns 90 deg fwd to form the counterbalance and one in the middle of
the bottom.
It is very important not to let these holes plug up, they are there to drain
the hollow cavity when you haul out the boat.
Is the ³crack² at the top of your rudder along the centreline where the two
halves join together?
If so I wouldn¹t worry too much about it, it probably just the fairing
filler chipping out.

Rick Taillieu
Nemesis
'75 C&C 25  #371
Shearwater Yacht Club
Halifax, NS.

From: Marek Dziedzic <dziedzi...@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 08:47:07 -0400
To: Ed Dooley <edoo...@madriver.com>, <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>

I don¹t remember. But I did not use any special (i.e. especially long drill
bits). And I did not drill more than probably 1/8 diameter. I am guessing
here, but I would imagine an inch (?).

Marek