Bill

Glastron was part of AMF at one time I believe who manufactured Spirit
sailboats.  So not completely Dark Side

Now that my father is gone I guess it is up to me to send the long
rambly history style memos ...

Our family had powerboats.  Springbok, then Glastron.  The boat we had
in the lake was not suitable when we moved to an inlet off the ocean.
No more water skiing and even a deep vee when we changed did not get
used.  Local gastron dealer found out he could also sell Spirit
sailboats.  So Dad worked out a deal where he bought a Spirit 28 and the
motorboat dealer put it in the boatshow with mast up so that he could
get a spot in the middle of the floor with all his powerboats and his
lone sailboat.

Less than two years later the Spirit 28 "High Hopes" was replaced with
the C&C 36 "Blue Horizon No. 1" in 1980.