Just spent the weekend (finally) getting my boat launched with a working
power train, but all weekend there was
the meditative tap tap tap of little hammers and chisels from nearby, as
the sad owners of a very pretty newer  Beneteau spent yet another day
patiently chipping and chipping and chipping the epoxy barrier coat off of
their entire red- rusting-iron keel. And this was a freshwater boat!
They found grinding and sanding even slower.
I'm not sure what they will do to it next, but it made me feel a lot better
about my annoying C&C "smile" ... a small thing in comparison.

and if anyone else still has the original 1980 packing gland hose, let me
strongly recommend not leaving home with it.
Just replaced mine since I was putting the engine back in, and the
condition of the old hose
 and the C&C  fiberglass job connecting the stern tube to the hull...  was
more than  a bit scary
 (and I even considered leaving well enough alone - sure glad I decided to
replace and then also epoxy repair around the stern tube).

Nate
:Sarah Jean"
1980 30-1
Siskiwit Bay Marina