From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of Bill Bina
via CnC-List
Sent: July 8, 2014 7:09 PM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Subject: Re: Stus-List Hot Water heater question

Water from a hot water heater is not considered 'potable'. It should not

be used for cooking or drinking.

The reason is this. The danger zone for most bacteria is 40 degrees F to

140 degrees F. There are several harmful bacteria that can live in your

water heater, including legionella, if the temperature is maintained

below 140 degrees F.

The danger increases with less frequent use of the heater, meaning that

freshly treated water is not being introduced regularly to kill or knock

down these bacterial populations.

The bacteria can be introduced several ways; when installing any new

water line, breach in city main, native to well water, new water heater,

etc.

Bill Bina

On 7/8/2014 4:45 PM, Joel Aronson via CnC-List wrote:

> All,

> I've got a Raritan heater.  When I run my Yanmar 30GM the hot water

> out of the tap is certainly cooler than I would get from my home water

> heater.  When used to make instant coffee the coffee can be drunk

> right away without cooling.

> How hot should the water get?

> Do I need to flush the water heater?

> --

> Joel

To change your list preferences, including unsubscribing -- go bottom of

-----

No virus found in this message.