I probably shouldn't say this, but I have some miles delivering Shannons
and my brother was captain on a Shannon 50 for a couple of years. His quote
pretty much much sums up the boat for me. He said "It's just like a
Hinckley; all the screw heads line up. Unfortunately, none of them are
tight."

Coming from an elegant, sweet sailing boat like a C&C, I suspect you may be
disappointed in the way the Shannon sails. It's kind of like going from a
sports car to a pickup truck. And you know how once you get her moving,
your C&C backs up almost as well as she goes in forward? Forget that on the
Shannon. She will back into a slip using the prop walk, but you can't drive
her around in reverse.

The bottom line is that the Shannon is a salty-looking little cruising boat
that looks ready to cross an ocean, and it certainly will get you where
you're going. But there are much better choices out there for the money,
including C&C's.

Andy
C&C 40
Peregrine

On Wed, Aug 13, 2014 at 9:46 AM, Petar Horvatic via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

> Shannon is no C&C, it’s the Bentley of cursing yachts.   A good friend
> worked for Shannon building the interiors for 20 years.  Price would be
> great if it were not for the accident.  How do you get de-masted and no
> damage the rest of the boat?  Insurance usually skimps out on repair so if
> I were to look at it, I would inspect the chainplates, turnbuckles and made
> sure all of the standing rigging and associated fittings are brand new.
> And that attachments to the superstructure show no signs of stress,
> elongation etc.    It might be hard getting to them with all the beautiful
> woodwork inside.
>
> Still I could not see myself spending that much in the 70s interior
> design.
>

> Petar Horvatic
>
> Sundowner
>
> 76 C&C 38MkII