Not really, IMHO.

Just about any modern sailboat (or performance oriented power boat of any size)
is going to have a cored hull.

And any sailboat without a cored hull is likely to fall into one of two
categories: heavy as crap and slow, or light and really bendy.

I hear a lot today about cored hulls. Ten years ago the worry was blisters, and
the horror stories were about bottom peals and drying out the laminate. I
imagine you've had about the same number of blisters I've had on my two boats
during thirty one years - zip.

Wait, make that three boats and a total of 35 years of ownership, my Newport
was a C&C design.

It is a result of high build quality and good design.

Rick Brass

Sent from my iPad