As a kid I was on a charter boat coming into the main pier in Gallilee RI
on a holiday weekend.  The skipper shifted into reverse and when nothing
happened  yelled LOOKOUT.  Tore off the bow rail.  If it were low tide the
cabin or flybridge would have stopped us!

Joel

On Wed, Sep 3, 2014 at 10:21 AM, Della Barba, Joe via CnC-List <
cnc-list@cnc-list.com> wrote:

>  Coming into Fog Cove, which is a very confined area full of anchored
> boats, I went to shift into reverse and the shifter was just loose – no
> connection to the engine anymore. I aimed the boat towards the most open
> space I could find, gave my wife the helm, and dove into the cockpit
> locker. I was trying to get the clevis pin back in its place when my foot
> hit the accumulator tank and knocked the hose off it. The hose whipped
> around and was shooting water straight up my back while I was doing this. I
> think I used up my entire store of creative cursing in 30 seconds!
>

> *Joe Della Barba*
>
> *Coquina*
>
> *C&C 35 MK I*

Joel