I would verify depths in Milford by calling first. I truly have no idea how anyone with 8' draft gets in and out even at the apex of high tide. I'm sure they must have done some serious dredging since I stopped going there about 5 years ago, or what you are saying would not even be believable! :-)

Here's an article from 2013 saying that they have dredged the town slips to get them to 5-7 feet. Most of them were more like 2 feet the last time I was there, and I was in their "deepest slip" which turned out to be less than 4 feet at low tide.

Active Captain has a warning about the entrance channel to the inlet being 2 feet deep in spots. It may be that they have fixed it, but I'd want confirmation from someone legitimately in charge in Milford.

Bill Bina