How comfortable is she sailing the boat?  Having sailed with a number of
girlfriends, I found the more comfortable they were at the helm, the less
concerned they were with heeling, gusts etc.  Have you tried giving her the
wheel?  She can control the heel and you can ease sheets.

FWIW, When I taught sailing, I stonrgly recommended that spouses be in
different boats because the wives learned and did more.

Perhaps she would benefit from lessons from a friend or sailing school?

Joel

--
Joel
301 541 8551