Years after my wife sailed with me from Hawaii to Seattle and San Francisco (79
and 81) she was able to articulate the difference in her perception of the
trips and mine.

Sailing conditions I recall as "great" and "a good adventure" she perceived as
"frightening" and "terrifying".

As others have mentioned the extra training in how to handle a sail boat and
use the radio, auxiliary power, and how to dock with out damage could help
change frightening to fun.

Martin

Calypso

1971 C&C 43